In feng shui, when we are figuring out the element of the English letters, it is based on its shape and form. This information is very helpful when people are deciding on the logo or name of their company. Below I will demonstrate this idea for those people who are interested:
1. Letters that formed by straight lines: I, H, K, L, Y = wood element.
2. Letters that formed by a cross: A, M, N, V, X = fire element.
3. Letters that formed with a top horizontal line: E, F, T, Z = earth element
4. Letters with a circle and a hook: 0, C, D, G, J, R, P = metal element
5. Letters that formed with undulating shape: B, Q, S, U, W = water element
Let us look at an interesting example like the McDonald’s logo. In feng shui, the fire food industry is associated with the fire element. Therefore, we can see that the letter “M” for its logo is a good choice because the letter “M” is associated with the fire element, and it is further enhanced by the orange color which is also fire element. No wonder that they are the top company in the fast food industry!
On the other hand, this information is also handy when parents are trying to choose a name for a baby. Let say under the Four Pillars Destiny System or BaZi, water element is auspicious to the child, therefore, a name like Simon or Susan will be a good choice!